Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility
VisionGift (VG) is committed to fostering and maintaining a work environment where diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility (DEIA) are fully integrated into everything we do for the benefit of our employees and the communities that we serve. To fully realize our goal, we prioritize our understanding of the complexities of DEIA within our organization to continually learn and grow.
Specifically, here are the actions we are taking to embed DEIA into the culture of VG:
- We have developed a DEIA Strategic Plan to guide our actions on a multitude of issues (hiring and onboarding, surveying employees, training and coaching, employee communication, etc.). The plan ensures we examine our policies, practices and procedures and transform them as needed.
- We have formed a DEIA Working Group made up of staff and management that meets at least monthly to implement the plan and discuss and act on new issues as they arise.
- We provide DEIA training to staff a minimum of 3 times per year.
- We have VG sponsored affinity groups that meet monthly.
- Our DEIA plan and process is transparent and easily accessible. We regularly report our progress to staff.